Glycerin soaps made at home have many advantages compared to those that are made commercially. This is because glycerin is a by-product in the production of soaps with many properties, among which the one of being humectant stands out. For this reason, manufacturers eliminate it and reserve it for more profitable products, such as creams.
Glycerin is gelatinous at room temperature and soft to the touch. It is transparent in color, which can be used to make soaps and decorate them with accessories inside. Natural products are also used to add aromas.
Advantages of using glycerin soaps:
- Hydrates the skin, since it is a powerful moisturizer.
- Accelerates the process of cell regeneration. Moisturizing the deep layers of the skin help to fight dry skin and accelerates the healing of wounds or burns.
- It has antibacterial properties, so it will perform a deep cleaning of the pores of the skin.
- Prevents the appearance of acne.
How to make glycerin soaps
Performing glycerin soaps is an extremely pleasant task and you can do them in multiple ways: circular, hearts, round or the typical rectangular small. You only need silicone molds the way you want to give them. In addition, you can add dye and additives so they are visually beautiful and have pleasant aromas.
Glycerin soaps with flower petals and aromatic essence
If you want to make a personalized and original present, you can not let this idea escape. They are soaps of different shapes and colors with flowers inside. You can make them the favorite color and aroma of the person to whom you wish to give them. They are also made with your own hands!
- Container to heat in a microwave.
- Glycerin tablet (300 grams)
- Silicone molds of different shapes (3)
- Flower petals.
- Spray bottle.
- Aromatic essence of soap.
- Fine wood stick.
- Film paper.
You may also continue: Discover everything about the minimalist lifestyle
How it is performed:
- First, take the sprayer and place the alcohol there. Reserve it to use later.
- Then, cut the glycerin into pieces and place it in the microwave-safe container.
- Then heat it a couple of seconds in the microwave until it melts.
- Remove with the wooden stick.
- Quickly add two drops of aromatic essence.
- Add the coloring of your choice.
- Next, you must stir with the wooden stick.
- Then, it goes to the silicone mold.
- Add the flower petals and spread them all over the mold.
- Stir, again with the wooden stick.
- If bubbles formed, you should only spray alcohol to get rid of them.
- Let stand and cool 2 hours.
- Then, unmold gently.
- Finally, wrap them in a film so that they are better preserved.
- To gift, place them in transparent cellophane paper and add a bow. Or say with a piece of paper and rustic rope.
Glycerin soaps with orange
If you like the aroma of oranges, you can make soaps with bits of orange peel, which will bring a special color to the interior and a spectacular citrus aroma. What you should do is scratch the peel of an orange and leave it to dry in the sun for a couple of days. Then, you make the soap in the following way:
- Shells of a scratched and dried orange.
- Transparent glycerin (300 grams)
- Silicone molds.
- Alcohol in a jar with spray.
- Coloring for orange soap.
- How it is performed:
- First, put a little orange peel in each mold.
- Then, place the glycerin in the microwave until it melts (2 or 3 seconds)
- Remove and add the coloring.
- Stir very well.
- Next, place the silicone in the molds.
- With the stick scatters the orange peels.
- Eliminate bubbles with alcohol.
- Let cool two hours.
- Finally, demold.
Do not hesitate to make these beautiful soaps for your home or to give as they are very easy to make and glycerin has many properties. You can add the aroma and color you want to make them personalized Tell us what colors and scents you made them and how they turned out!
We also recommend you to read this content: http://blog-collector.org/2018/06/29/9-ideas-to-decorate-a-small-living-that-will-surprise-you/