There are dos and don’ts in any place of work, but in a Laboratoy there are even more important to follow them. It is important to have a strong set of rules that must be enforced. This is where the Lab Manager is charged with producing those rules. This is even more true when there is Lab Relocation Services involved. Moving a labs operations require excellent planning, and safety concerns are taken very seriuousloy. This is where https://www.aportglobal.com/lab-relocation-services/ become invaluable to the Lab manager. What else can be put in place to control this?
- Make sure that the staff are fully aware of all the fire procedures, how to tackle the fire and how to evacuate the building correctly.
- Evacuation is by far the most important aspect of Lab safety. All staff should know exactly what the procedures are. The best thing to do is make sure you know where all the fire alams are and where the nearest fire exits are.
- Avail yourself of all the correct safety equipment. Fire extinguishers, fire blankets, alarms and the emergency shut down procedures.
- Have the emergency services on a speed dial.
- Ensure that all areas which contain the dangerous materials are clearly marked and sectioned off.
- The use of open flames need to be prohibitive. It should only be used under special circumstances.
- The lab must be adequately ventilated. Without decent ventilation, the lab will become intolerable.