The Samsung Galaxy s5 has been one of the most anticipated phones this year. Designed to be powerful and professional, it’s as feature-rich as ever, and certainly has a lot to offer. However, like any other smartphone, the Galaxy S5 is not without its problems.
We identify at some of the common problems that users have been experiencing with their Samsung Galaxy S5 and offer possible solutions on how to fix them. Disclaimer: The Samsung Galaxy S5 is still a phone and customers should not be put off by the problems listed below. You will probably not face any of these issues.
We try to 6 problems solutions with Samsung galaxy s5
Do not Charge, or Charges Slowly Some users have reported that they cannot get their device to charge as fast as they would like. In some cases, the phone does not charge at all, while in others it does not charge at a very slow pace.
- This problem can occur after the phone has been exposed to water or experienced some form of shock from an accidental hump or drop. If your device has suffered physical harm, then your only option will be to try to get a replacement device.
- Make sure you are using the equipment that came with your handset. You must use a wall charger and a USB cable that has been approved and sent by Samsung, that other accessory may use different voltage settings and could cause charging problems.
- Check to see if the outlet is defective by trying another outlet, or attempting to recharge another appliance from the same outlet.
- Make sure your USB cable is working properly by trying to connect your device directly to your desktop or laptop.
Touch Screen Problems
Problems with the touch screen. Some users have reported that the device does not respond to their contact as it should, or touches ghost registers.
- Make sure the case or a protective screen protector you are using is not interfering with the touchscreen. Remove your case or shield and see if the problem has been solved.
- Restart your phone by holding down the power key until your device vibrates and turns off, then on again. This will delete any temporary files that may be causing the problem.
- Go to your settings – display to see if increased sensitivity to touch helps.
- Make sure your touch screen is not stained by cleaning with a microfiber cloth.
- Attempt to remove apps or widgets that might be causing the problem, or reset the phone’s factory and then reinstall any necessary applications.
- If you have finished a factory reset and you still have problems, the problem could be with the hardware or operating system within your phone. In this case, you will have to approach your retailer or Samsung for a replacement.
Phone does not Turn
The phone does not turn on Some people have reported that the phone occasionally refuses to start. Although the buttons light up as they are supposed, the screen remains blank.
- Try pressing the battery on your device to make sure all pins are in contact with the phone.
- Restart your phone.
- When you can access your phone, try going to the settings – accessibility –vision – black screen, and ensure that this has been disabled.
- Try to remove your protective case or cover to see if excessive pressure is having an effect on how your phone functions.
- A rogue application could be the cause of the problem, so try to start your phone in safe mode. If you suffer more than the question in safe mode, then try to do a factory reset and be selective about the applications you are reinstalling, or delete your applications one by one.
- Save any files you do not want to lose and perform a factory reset. If that does not work, then you may need to contact your dealer or Samsung for a replacement.
Problems with Wi-Fi A lot of smartphones have problems when it comes to connecting to Wi-Fi, and it’s the Samsung Galaxy S5 is no exception.
- Try to put your router and your Galaxy S5 and turn off again.
- Make sure you are not in power saving mode as this may affect your Wi-Fi connection.
- Go to your -Wi-Fi settings, and select the router you want your phone to connect to. Choose the forget option, and set the connection again from the beginning.
- Go to Wi-Fi, tap the name of your network, then Edit – Advanced Options, and change your IP settings 5. Use the Wi-Fi Analyzer app to determine which channel is best for you to use in your location, then go to your IP address and edit the channel.
- Check the MAC filtering that exists on your router to make sure your Galaxy S5 is listed.
Bluetooth does not connect Some Galaxy S5 users encounter problems when they try to connect their phone to their cars or other devices via Bluetooth.
- Go to Applications – Settings – Application Manager – Bluetooth and select Force Stop. Press to clear the cache and restart your phone.
- Verify that your Bluetooth car system, or the device you are trying to connect to, is working properly by resetting it. You can make the device forget all links, and do the same thing on your Galaxy S5, before setting up the connection again.
Calls Heard Problems
You cannot be heard on the calls, or cannot hear the caller. Some users have complained that they have problems with audio when they make calls. Either they cannot hear the caller, or the caller cannot hear them.
- Hold down the power key on your phone until it vibrates and turns off, then remove your SIM card and remove the battery. Leave the phone alone for a while, then replace the SIM card and battery and turn on the phone to see if the problem has been solved.
- Check the microphone off your phone. On the Galaxy S5, this is the little hole down your handset. You can use compressed air to blow into the hole and ensure that no crumbs or dust particles block the sound.
- Restart your phone.
- Disable the cache partition. See instructions on how to do it below.
- If you are using a Bluetooth accessory, turn your Bluetooth off to check if it makes a difference. You may have to go into your settings and have your phone forget paired devices if that does not work.
- If you continue to suffer from the same problem, then you will have to request a replacement.
We try to explain with this article to resolve 6 most common problems your valuable smartphone samsung galaxy s5. Hope, now you find your problem and resolve easily. Now you use your smartphone smoothly more than before. Thanks for reading our magazine and always stay with us.
Have a nice day!