The menstrual cup has become one of the great allies for women. It is an effective method that has reached the shops in order to replace the traditional control products of the menstrual cycle: compresses and tampons. It is a useful, comfortable and hygienic option that allows women to forget about their menstruation for a few hours, such as the Lily Cup menstrual cup. Today we talk about menstrual cup uses advantages and disadvantages.
We have collected the advantages and disadvantages of using the menstrual cup. If you have not yet decided to try it. Here you will find the necessary information to discover this feminine intimate care and hygiene accessory.
The content of the summery:
- What is the menstrual cup
- How to use the menstrual cup
- Advantages of using the menstrual cup
- Disadvantages of using the menstrual cup
What is the menstrual cup
The menstrual cup uses is the most innovative method in terms of feminine intimate care and hygiene. It is a container made of silicone, latex or thermoplastic elastometer , which makes it flexible and easy to introduce into the vaginal canal. Its function is to collect the flow of blood during menstruation, although unlike compresses and tampons, the menstrual cup does not absorb this flow, but contains it until you remove it and empty the cup, which can be reused on multiple occasions. Its shape is similar to a liquid container or funnel: open at the top and narrow at the bottom, where there is a small corner that facilitates both the introduction and removal of the cup. The peculiarity of the Lily Cup is that it has edges that cause the bleeding to fall towards it and prevent the blood from spilling.
When it comes to getting your menstrual cup you should bear in mind that you can choose between sizes, colors or finishes according to your needs, besides, you have to bear in mind that menstrual cups, like those of INTIMINA, do not contain any harmful chemical your health, unlike compresses and tampons. The menstrual cup uses is an effective alternative, useful, that has the medical endorsement and that is also comfortable, economical and respectful with the environment.
How to use the menstrual cup
Although it may be somewhat complicated or uncomfortable the first few times, to which you get used to the vaginal cup you will forget your menstruation completely. To use it correctly, you must do the following:
- Find the angle and the correct position to be able to wear it as comfortable as possible. We recommend doing it sitting or squatting, so you will facilitate the entry of the object into your vaginal canal.
- Fold the U-shaped cup and carefully insert it into your vagina.
- To remove it, gently pinch the extraction tube or corner, pressing the base to eliminate the vacuum and to remove it easily.
Hygiene when using this option is very important since you can reuse the cup on more than one occasion. Always clean it before placing it and also every time you extract it and empty the contents.
In addition, the menstrual cup has a capacity of approximately 30 milliliters, so the time that may remain inside will depend on the amount of your menstrual flow. The average is that the cup can serve you between 4 and 8 hours.
If you feel a lot of pain in your menstrual cycles, you may also be interested in this other article on Can I take 10 Easy ways to make the rules less painful during your period time?
Menstrual cup uses advantages and disadvantages
Advantages of using
Advantages of using the menstrual cup. Now that you know what the menstrual cup is and how it is used, the time has come to discover all its advantages:
- They do not cause allergies: they are harmless to the body, since the materials used to make the menstrual cup are hypoallergenic. So they do not cause allergies or adverse reactions.
- It’s a very comfortable: their softness and flexibility make it comfortable. That does not cause dryness or irritation in the vaginal mucosa.
- They do not leave remains in the body: their composition leaves no remains of fibers or foreign materials in the body.
- Economic alternative: it is an economic alternative since the cup can be used up to 15 years. If it is used in an appropriate way and the hygiene of the product is taken care of.
- They can be easily cleaned: you should only use soap and water each time you empty the contents and dry it with a towel or cloth.
- It does not cause vaginal infections: it protects the woman from vaginal infections. Since it does not absorb blood as in the case of compressed or tampons.
- They last up to 12 hours: the cup can protect up to 12 doras, depending on the menstrual flow of each woman. However, it is recommended to empty it approximately every 8 hours.
- Several sizes: the cup fits perfectly to each woman since there are different sizes and models. This prevents the content from overflowing. So, there will be no stains and you can lead a normal life. You also play sports and do any kind of movement.
- Ecological alternative: it is an ecological alternative that respects the environment since it is not disposable.
Disadvantages of using
However, for some women it may be a not so comfortable option due to the following reasons:
- Incorrect size: choosing the wrong size of the menstrual cup can cause leaks, spots or discomfort in women. You will have to find your ideal size.
- Special care: as it is not disposable, it requires precise care. It is important to clean it both before and after using it. And sterilization with boiling water is required after the end of each menstrual period.
- Difficult in public restrooms: it is difficult to perform cleaning tasks in public bathrooms since you need some time.
- At the beginning it is not easy: at the beginning of its use. The manipulation of the cup is not simple and can cause stains. Which can cause aversion in some women who hate to manipulate or see blood.
- Incompatible with sexual relationships: you cannot use the cup if you have sex.
Now that you know the advantages and disadvantages of using the menstrual cup. You may also be interested in this other article on 10 things to know about toxic shock syndrome.
This article is purely informative, in hayzedmagazine.com. We do not have the faculty to prescribe medical treatments or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to go to a doctor in case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.Tags: Menstrual cup, Menstrual cup uses, Menstrual cup uses advantages, Menstrual cup uses disadvantages